Passion

One topic I am extremely passionate about is animals. There are plenty of other things I enjoy doing or learning about, but by far, animals top the list. I worked at Petsmart for a year before I had to quit because I kept amassing animals that I fell in love with or felt sorry for. They mean so much to me, they give me a reason to wake up and go to work and go to class, then to come home and clean and sort out all of their vegetables and various other foods. I'd go hungry if I had to choose between feeding myself and all of them. I dedicate a lot of time every week to cage cleaning, feeding, vet visits, and grooming, and I'm happy to do it. It can be massively overwhelming when I have a bad day to have so many lives depending on me, but also it's a motivator to actually do at least one thing every day. I'd pursue a career with animals if I thought I could handle the emotional burden that comes with working with animals in a world like this, but I know I can't, so I'd rather have a decent job to support taking care of my pets at home.

Comments